Tuesday 20 July 2010

Seminar in JULY 2010

Just as a sharing of information about some conferences which will be held in the month of July:

20 - 21 July 2010 (It's happening now)
The Second International Seminar on Islamic Thought
Theme: "The Ash'arite and Contemporary Challenges"
Akademi Pengajian Islam, Universiti Malaya, Kuala Lumpur
http://seminar-pemikiran-islam.blogspot.com/


24 July 2010
One Day Colloqium on Islam & Secularism
Paper presentation featuring Prof Syed Naquib al-Attas, Assoc. Prof. Zainy Utman,
Dr.Syamsuddin Arif, Dr. Adi Setia, etc.
MAS Academy, Kelana Jaya, Selangor
http://wia.my/


28 - 29 July 2010
Conference on Prophetic Heritage
Seminar Warisan Nabi (SWAN) 2010
Theme: Sunnah-Source of Information, Essence of Integration
Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM), Nilai, Selangor
http://www.swan2010.com/


Although I really want to attend all these conferences, but I'm unable to do that because I have another responsibility in my work. InsyaAllah, I will copy the paperwork of the first conference which is happening right now at UM from Kak Ghafirah. The conference is discussing on the matter of Ahl al-Sunnah wa al-Jamaah and the role Wahabism in Muslim society.

InsyaAllah I will go to the second conference which gather many Muslim scholars, especially the big name of Syeikh al-Attas. I will share the information from the conference in this blog, insyaAllah.

By the way, for the third conference as mentioned above, I was invited to write a paper presentation in the beginning of this year. But due to my lack of confidence, I just leave the opportunity and still hope that I will try to write a paper in another conferences. Since the conference is closely related to my thesis, I really want to go but it will be held during weekdays on my working days. For those who able to participate, really hope that you can share the paperwork with me.

As a full-time student in this life, I'm trying to learn and continue learning. By attending the conference, we can deal with many intellectual people and can create a networking with them. At the same time, we also can make our own dream that one day, we also are able to be a presenter in any conferences, insyaAllah..

The way in seeking knowledge will lead us the way to Jannah.. Wassalam

20 July 2010
IIUM Library

No comments:

Post a Comment