Wednesday 13 April 2011

New Books


Just bought this book for the price RM 8~! I don't care if it is just a used book bcoz i'm searching this old book for a long time ago. The Three Musketeers is a novel by Alexandre Dumas, first serialized in March–July 1844. Set in the 17th century, it recounts the adventures of a young man named d'Artagnan after he leaves home to become a guard of the musketeers. D'Artagnan is not one of the musketeers of the title; those are his friends Athos, Porthos, and Aramis, inseparable friends who live by the motto "all for one, one for all" ("tous pour un, un pour tous"). Read more HERE.

I didn't remember when is the first time I heard the title of this book, but it was one of the questions asked in the story of Slumdog Millionaire, the last question that make the boy became a millionaire. Then, I read that this book also was listed in 500 important books to be read in history. I tried to search it in many bookstore, and I downloaded it too from internet. Finally, I found it even though it is a used book. A used book still can be used. Thanks for the original owner because selling it back to others and owned by a person like me.. :)

Please read summary of The Three Musketeeres HERE.



I attracted to the creativity of this book, and it contains high motivation for readers. That's among reasons of buying this book at Bookxcess with a very affordable price. The first page says: "When you change the way you see things, the things you see change...". I love it and aim to finish reading this book early.

However, around seven in the morning, I got immediate exercise; physical and mental resulted from reading few pages of this book last night. It was unconsciously dropped out from my window, 8th level of my apartment. Ya Allah, it was my mistake because I planned to snap a photo of this book with a view from my room, but it dropped~! I don't want to tell more about my efforts to get it back, but seriously I'm regret for not fully taking care of my new book. Positively, it was a destiny.. No matter what, it's still my book. The more it become ugly, the more precious it will be..

Best regards,

Book lover

No comments:

Post a Comment