Wednesday 2 November 2011

Book: For One More Day

Author: Mitch Albom

I love this book and my reading was ended with cries.. T_T

This book is a family story. 

A son. 
A mother. 
A family. 
A day. 
Yeah, a day that can change everything. 
A day that can fix the feeling of guilty.

I read this book as a daughter of my mother. I wish I can remember and take a note on the moments that my mom stood up for me and the moments that I didn't stood up for my mom, as did by main character of this story. It is a truth when the author said “There's a story behind everything. How a picture got on a wall. How a scar got on your face. Sometimes the stories are simple, and sometimes they are hard and heartbreaking. But behind all your stories is always your mother's story, because hers is where yours begin.” 

This book is truly inspiring and it makes me feel guilty, especially to my own mother. My sins, my mistakes, are really uncountable. I am really hope that she can forgive me and I do pray that Allah will forgive my mother and bless her in this world and the Hereafter. Simultaneously, this book teaches me how to be a good mother indirectly and shows the importance of family. The author said: “Sticking with your family is what makes it a family.”
 
Some readers might say that this story is a fiction only. It was impossible to meet a dead person even in one day. It was just a dream. Say what you wanna say. But a last word to share here, “One day spent with someone you love can change everything.” (Mitch Albom)

The End.

**Mitch Albom never make me disappointed with his writing. His 'Tuesdays with Morrie' was shortly reviewed  HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment