1. Do you know that the real Hijrah of the Prophet Muhammad was not in the month of Muharram but in the month of Rabi'ul Awwal ? (Read more at Sirah Ibn Ishaq and Wikipedia HERE)
2. The first hijrah of the Prophet was from Makkah to Abyssinia. (Read more HERE, HERE and HERE)
3. Hijrah generally refers to the migration of the Prophet and his followers from Mecca to Yathrib (now Madinah). Hijrah also regards to a change from badness to goodness in term of place, physical, spiritual, intellectual, developmental and so on..
4. The first hadith of Forty Hadith Imam an-Nawawi closely related to the concept of hijrah. The Prophet said: "Actions are judged by intentions and everyone will be judged according to his intention. So whoever emigrates for the sake of Allah and His Messenger, his hijrah will be reckoned as done for Allah and His Messenger. But whoever emigrates for worldly reasons or marrying a woman, his hijrah will be reckoned accordingly."
5. Did the Prophets other than Prophet Muhammad perform Hijrah? Most of the Messenger, if not all, migrated, such as Prophet Musa went to a country called Madyan, where he married the daughter of a righteous old man (Prophet Shu`aib, peace be upon him) and stayed with him for ten years. (Read more HERE)
6. The concept of hijrah mentioned in the Quran was stated in Surah at-Tawbah, verse 20. Allah said: "Those who believe, and suffer exile and strive with might and main, in Allah's cause, with their goods and their persons, have the highest rank in the sight of Allah: they are the people who will achieve (salvation)"
7. There is no specific du'a to end the year and to start a new year mentioned in any hadith of the Prophet Muhammad. But if you sincerely du'a to get the blessing of Allah in any day in a year, Allah will listen to that du'a.
8. The significance of Hijrah is not limited to the Islamic history or to the Muslims. The Hijrah not only reshaped - socially and politically - the Arab Peninsula, but also had its impact on worldwide civilizations, and not only for previous years, but will continuously important to the next generations.
1431H in Memory:
- A student life hijrah to a life of student and lecturer. Teaching and learning are different but in a same responsibility.
- A public transportation life hijrah to a life of responsible my own car. All thanks to Ayah~~
- A campus life hijrah to a life at a new house 'Rumah Awangan', another lesson outside class and university.
- A single life still maintain and not hijrah yet to another challenging life.hehe~~