Sunday 12 December 2010

The House of Wisdom


Library is the most intelligent place. It contains knowledge and knowledgeable person together at the same place. A definition given in Wikipedia (HERE), Library is a collection of sources, resources, and services, and the structure in which it is housed; it is organized for use and maintained by a public body, an institution, or a private individual. In the more traditional sense, a library is a collection of books. It can mean the collection, the building or room that houses such a collection, or both.

In other words, library is the house of wisdom and information. It is alive and peaceful place that adored by everybody who loves the importance of knowledge. But I'm sure too that some might said that library is the most boring and silent place. Some also just took advantage to stay in the air-conditioner place like in the library to sleep in it and just to rest the body and mind. I don't care of others' opinion but I respect that. Each of us have our own perception on the library..

As a sharing, just coming back from National Library of Malaysia, I realized that books are the source of knowledge, so, it should not be difficult to receive this kind of sources. I really hope that anybody can get into this kind of knowledge easier especially in the place that called the House of Wisdom. As far as I concern, I really love IIUM Library compare to another library maybe because I get used to it. I went to libraries in another universities as well such as UTM and UM, but I like the services offered in IIUM especially the environment, book arrangements, borrowing system and so on.


Due my interest in books and library, I do hope that I will able to create my own personal library in the future. I have my own plans and dreams how to build my own house of knowledge and wisdom. The aim of this place is to make useful of the knowledge and appreciate the work of authors, at the same time, I can feel that books are not dead things but they are ALIVE..

Interesting Library~! In Kansas City. Photo by Jonathan Moreau

More awesome library over the world can be seen HERE.

You can click this LINK to see TOP 50 Library Websites around the world.

**I'm thinking about my own library, Am I thinking about my own book? hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment