Thursday 20 May 2010

Teach~!!

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim

As i planned in the beginning of this week, I wanna to talk about one of the important person in our life other than our parents is a teacher, or some of us will call them Ustaz, Ustazah, Cikgu, Guru, Mu'allim, Sir, Madam, Miss, and so on. We celebrated the Teacher's Day in Malaysia on 16th May, last Sunday, but the celebration including the appreciation to the person called as a teacher or an educator cannot be only in one day, but should be appreciated in the whole day of our life..

Teacher. This is the simplest name of a person who teach something even though their profession or occupation is not a real teacher. Some teacher also just bring out the name of 'teacher' in their profession but they cannot bear the responsibility as a teacher. However, it is still the teacher who carries the highest position in term of education, because "A good teacher is like a candle, it consumes itself to light the way for others."

In my life, my first teacher is my mother. Although she didn't have any degree, any M.A or phD, but she is my first teacher from the beginning i opened my eyes. She taught me almost everything to know what life it is. How to walk, talk, eat, drink, sleep and so on.. Her teaching is uncountable and cannot be compared to any other teachers, and she will be my teacher until the end of my breath. In my life as well, the adorable and respected teacher is my own father. He was a teacher and still teach other people and his own children, and i learned a lots from him. Whoever asked me who is my favourite teacher, the answer would be my dad~! May Allah bless both of my mother and my father, the best teacher in this world.. Ameen..


While other teachers was unforgettable (even though i'm easily forget the name of a person), but their knowledge and teaching really benefit throughout in my life. Their names are too many to be mentioned here. Then, a sincere thanking wish to:

All teachers in Taski Al-Ummah 2, Kg Melayu, Johor Bahru
All teachers in Sekolah Rendah Islam Johor Bahru
All teachers in Sekolah Menengah Agama An-Nur, Benut, Pontian, Johor
All teachers in Sekolah Menengah Agama Kerajaan Johor, Kluang
All lecturers in Matriculation Centre IIUM, Petaling Jaya
All lecturers in Internationa Islam University Malaysia, Gombak
All teachers (colleagues) in SKTP, Johor Bahru

Last but not least..
All people who teach and give me knowledge directly or indirectly even a WORD..

The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: "Ballighu 'Anni walau Ayah.." (بلغوا عني ولو آية) This hadith is Sahih, narrated by Bukhari from Ibn 'Amr (Hadith no. 2838)

Deliver from me even a sentence.. What to be delivered? Of course it is a knowledge, an advice, an information, a good word, and whatever which is not against the teaching of Islam.. This is one of the best and simple advices was given by our beloved Prophet. It is also can be understood that we have to share whatever we have in term of knowledge. Yes sharing is caring, but sharing the knowledge will be rewarded even after our death.. This hadith really motivates myself..

That is the role of teacher in delivering the goodness in term of words and deeds. However, there should be a reminder for those who called themselves a teacher. As i quoted from one website, Abul-Aswed ad-Dueli composed a couple of verses in which he said:

O, man that teaches others!
You should have taught yourself first

Warn not against a manner while you are doing

This is the great shame on you
Begin with yourself in interdicting sins

If you do it then you are truly wise

Only then, your admonition will be acceded

And your words will be ensued and teaching be useful.

Self-disrespect and immorality of some teachers have been the cause that resulted in the present youth’s irregularity and deviation from the social traditions.


I myself had my own experience as a teacher. Honestly, it is not a simple and easy job. It needs courage and sincerity to teach others. Teaching others can be easy if you ikhlas without hoping that the students will appreciate and respect you or even forget you after this. Although I'm not holding any position as a teacher in a school or whatever, I wanna teach others and share the knowledge I had even it's too little compared to other educated people. Agreed with Confucius, he said: "If you think in terms of a year, plan a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people." It is also true when Albert Einstein said: "Teaching should be such that what is offered is perceived as valuable gift and not as a hard duty."

Do you wanna know something.. Not only people can teach all of us. It can be experiences of other, or a movie or a song, even a book or a writing can teach us a lot of things. Listen to this quote really make me smile, Charles W. Eliot said: "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." It is sooooo true...^____^

I dont wanna write any more, just wanna focus on writing the Chapter Two.. If not, my new teacher (mza) will punish me soon... (just kidding). Wallahu'alam...

No comments:

Post a Comment