Thursday 13 May 2010

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

Bismillahirahmanirrahim..

Yesterday was 12th May, today is 13th May, and tomorrow will be 14th May. Alhamdulillah i'm still alive for yesterday and today, but i don't know about tomorrow. Am i prepared enough for the death and the special meeting with God ? the answer will be remained only in my brain..

As i mentioned earlier, today is 13th May. If you remind what happened in the past historical event of 13th May in Malaysia, it was unforgettable event in Malaysian history. It should not be repeated again especially during the slogan 1Malaysia was widely spread in this beloved country. That incident is a yesterday's story, what about our next story for tomorrow and the future ? We don't know but HE knows, and we still hope that the tomorrow's story will be better than yesterday's..

Actually i don't have more idea to talk about it here, then i wanna share a poem taken from 'Life is an Open Secret' entitled Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. Please enjoy the poem and i'm sure that you will get something from this poem..
Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday
and today was such a lovely day,
that I wondered why I worried about today yesterday,
so today I am not going to worry about tomorrow,
there may not be a tomorrow anyway..

So today I am going to live as if there is no tomorrow,
and I am going to forget about yesterday.
Today is the tomorrow I planned for yesterday,
and nearly all my plans for today did not plan out the way I thought they would yesterday.

So today I am forgetting about tomorrow and I will plan for today,
but not too strenuously,
today I will stop to smell a rose,
I will tell a loved one how much I love them,
I will stop planning for tomorrow and plan to make today the best day of my life.

Today is the tomorrow I was afraid of yesterday,
and today was nothing to be afraid of,
so today I will banish fear of the unknown,
I will embrace the unknown as a learning experience full of exciting opportunities,
Today, unlike yesterday, I will not fear tomorrow,
Today is the tomorrow I dreamed about yesterday,
and some of the dreams I dreamt about yesterday came true today,
so today I am going to continue dreaming about tomorrow,
and perhaps more of the dreams I dream today will come true tomorrow.
Today is the tomorrow I set goals for yesterday,
and I reached some of those goals today.

So today I am going to set slightly higher goals for today and tomorrow,
and if tomorrow turns out to be like today,
I will certainly reach all of my goals one day !!
InsyaAllah.. Certainly, all dreams will be achieved one day. If you still not decided yet about your goals and dreams, please do so. You are still not too late because you still have time. As George Eliot once said: "It is never too late to become what you might have been".

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is mystery,
Today is a gift !

No comments:

Post a Comment