Thursday 29 April 2010

Plan, Planner & Planning

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Alhamdulillah, another day to enjoy a long breath, a nice environment, a wonderful life, and an exciting journey as planned by Allah. Everything was written in the hand of God. It was Maktub.. Thus, i wanna share a lovely verses in surah ali-Imran (3:54), the translation from M. Shakir: "And they planned, and Allah also planned; and Allah is the Best of planners".

This verses carried a meaning that can be clearly understood by everyone. Yes, there was a story behind this verses at the time of Prophet when he deal with Quraish. But i just want to take the general meaning that can be used in our daily life on the importance of planning. I'm sure that all of us have our own plan of life. I made a plan. I am a planner. I'm planning my future. But my plan cannot defeat Allah's plan, and still hope that His plan for me is the best plan in my plan. We plan, Allah also plan, and of course His plan is greater than our plan..

Right now, the main plan in my life is to complete my master as soon as possible following a plan which was decided a year ago, in achieving the excellent result, insyaAllah.. Alhamdulillah, the process of thesis proposal ran smoothly, and now still waiting the result from Kulliyyah's meeting. Thanks a lot to my supervisor for supports and advices, I'm really appreciate that. And Thanks to my family and friends for uncountable love and kindness. May Allah bless all of you..!


I just bought a book written by Prof Rashid Moten yesterday. The title as shown on the picture above. Regretfully, i knew this book just after i finished writing and submitting my proposal, but i'm sure that 'better late than never', for it can be used during writing the next chapter. I tried to buy this book from himself, but since i went to his office more than twice, but he was not there. So i bought at Dar al-Kutub. Prof Rashid was my lecturer during my first year for the subject 'Intro. to Political Science'. He was and still and admired person. He was the one who changed my mind to change my minor degree from Psychology to Poltical Science, and i kept my secret with him (but i'm sure he forgot about that..hehe).. And i will never forget him and his advices, and pray to God that he will be given a good health and life to continue his good deeds and knowledge in IIUM. amin...

I recommend this book to everyone especially my friends who continue postgraduate study and for those who plan to do that. The price is RM35, a little bit expensive, but its a very good of an academic book. If you are not affordable, i can lend my book, i'm ok with that.. as long as you return the book safely.. :) The small book beside Prof Rashid's book is written by Syeikh Mawdudi which discusses on the unity of Muslim World. It is an interesting book, i will finish it today, insyaAllah..

Back to the story of planning.. I do hope that I can finish everything regarding to the thesis by the end of this year 2010. I have to repeat and say it again and again, so that it will be maqbul by God, insyaAllah.. Then, after that i will further my next plan...

Fail to plan is plan to fail..! and Surely Allah is the best planner...

Before i end this entry, just wanna share a poem that i read during having my breakfast today from a book 'Like the Flowing River' by Paulo Coelho. The poem was written by a Japanese poet, Mitsuo Aida (1920-1991) who reminds us the significance of innocence..

If tomatoes wanted to be melons,

they would look completely ridiculous,

I am always amazed

that so many people are concerned

with wanting to be what they are not;

what's the point of making yourself look ridiculous ?



You don't always have to pretend to be strong,

there's no need to prove all the time that everything is going well,

you shouldn't be concerned about what other people are thinking,

cry if you need to,

it's good to cry out all your tears

(because only then will you be able to smile again)

**The advantage of my lappy was warded in 'hospital' is I can read a lot and focus on my plan.. hehehe.. waiting for the new one next week, insyaAllah..

Saadah Khair
29 April 2010
ITD Lab, IIUM

No comments:

Post a Comment