Tuesday 12 October 2010

Chapter 4

Alhamdulillah, I begin my progress to accomplish another chapter for my thesis. So this chapter is all about Malaysia. As a multi-ethnic society, Malaysia consists of various ethnics, religions, languages, customs, cultures, and Alhamdulillah we live in a peaceful country.

Why I choose Malaysia for my thesis?
The first reason is because I am Malaysian. I was born in JB (Johor Bahru), study in KL (Kuala Lumpur) and had visited around Malaysia except Sabah. InsyaAllah i'll visit there too. So, I can say that I'm proud to be a part of the Malaysian society.

At the same time, I have an intention to make this country as an Islamic State even though it is difficult to achieve. So, as an analytical study for my thesis, I choose Madinan Society at the time of the Prophet to be the best role model and example for us to follow the way and the Sunnah of the Prophet, on how he governed Madinah to be the best well-integrated society during that time.

What is the next plan for my thesis?
I have a lot of plans. But i will make sure the important plan to make this thesis as a book and guideline for Malaysian on how to follow the Prophet's way to live in a peaceful society during his time. That's why I tried so hard to make my thesis useful and can benefit others, as well to contribute something for this beloved country.

My Hope..
I hope that I can end my thesis writing by the end of this year. But if I'm not able to do that, as long as I try my best, I do my best to finish it early as soon as possible even next year. I do hope as well that people surrounding me can give me support especially moral support for me and pray for my success.

Thank You so much~!

References to be read for Chapter 4:
  • The Malays, their Problems and Future, by Syed Husin Ali
  • The Chinese Malaysian Contribution, by Tan Teong Jin et.al
  • The Malaysian Indian Dilemma, by Janakey Raman Manickan
  • Malaysian Studies: Present Knowledge and Research Trends, by John A. Lent
  • Islamic Political Representation in Malaysia, by Lukman Thaib
  • A History of Malaysia, by Barbara Watson Andaya and Leonard Andaya
  • Challenges and Choices in Malaysian Politics and Society, by Chandra Muzaffar
  • A Plea for Emphaty, by Chandra Muzaffar
  • Konsep dan peranan Uli Amri di Malaysia, by Abdul Monir Yaacob
and many more....

**Please remind me if I read unnecessary books. TQ

No comments:

Post a Comment